Resources for postdoctoral and graduate students
We want to ensure that you have everything you need and are set up for success at UCLA. If you have any questions or issues you can always contact our teams for support.
Have questions on the services available specific to your group? Contact us by submitting your question via this Qualtrics form. A member of our team will contact you as soon as possible.
- Set up your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
What is MFA?
- DUO MFA adds a layer of security to help protect the school’s network and data as well as individual identities and personal information
- Get DUO (iOS) →
- Get DUO (Android) →
UCLA Heatlh: Activate UCLA Health MFA to remotely access Mednet Email, CareConnect, and more. Activate UCLA Health MFA →
UCLA Main Campus: Activate UCLA Logon (main campus) MFA to remotely access applications protected by UCLA logon ID, including My UCLA, BruinBill, and more. Activate UCLA Logon MFA →
- Review the encryption requirements
Encryption is a required data safeguard for school-issued devices.
Ensure compliance in three steps:
1. See if your device is already encrypted.
2. If necessary, encrypt your device using Bitlocker or FileVault.
- You may also visit IT Connect to have experts encrypt your device at no charge.
- BitLocker and FileVault are recommended for personal computers and are built into most Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Note: Bitlocker is not available for Windows 7 or 10 Home Editions.
- Visit https://uclahs.fyi/onthehub to upgrade to a Windows version that has Bitlocker.
3. Install OnGuard to access the UCLAHealthSecure wireless network.
- OnGuard makes sure your device is properly encrypted and allows you to access the UCLAHealthSecure wireless network.
- Review our guide for connecting remotely
If you need to log in while off campus, please review our guide for connecting safely and securely.
- Get help from IT Connect
DGIT is temporarily transitioning IT Connect, our walk-up support desk at CHS, to a virtual help desk.
For virtual support: Join us on Zoom. Once you call in, you will be directed to a waiting room until a technician is available to assist you. Staff will be available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.