The Academic Technology pillar focuses on the technology needs of the UCLA Health Sciences schools to enhance teaching and learning. The teams serving the Academic Technology pillar are:
- The Educational Technology team which creates and supports applications that serve DGSOM Educational Affairs. They also support the education technology needs of the schools of Dentistry and Nursing.
- The Audio-Visual team supports the AV infrastructure across the Health Sciences Schools and Hospitals, including management of Zoom and other classroom technologies.
The Academic Technology pillar strives to:
- Provide the tools and technologies necessary to support the curricula and meet accreditation standards of the Health Sciences schools.
- Create the infrastructure to support and deliver the various data analytic needs of the schools.
- Streamline and automate existing processes to build a more flexible and efficient IT ecosystem.
“Our first priority is always to ensure that we are able to fulfill your technology needs so that you are able to teach, learn, and work without disruptions. While we work on supporting the infrastructure you need, our teams are working closely with members of the schools to identify and understand your growth so that we may build and expand our infrastructure to grow with you.” – Katherine Wigan