Install Sophos on your home computers for free using your Mednet email!
How to install:
- If you previously signed up for Sophos Antivirus with campus, you will need to follow the campus uninstall instructions (MacOS Instructions, Windows Instructions) and then register through the portal using your Mednet email.
- Visit the following URL and use your active Mednet email domain address (includes all email domain supported by UCLA Health IT) to protect up to 10 home PCs and/or Macs: https://home.sophos.com/employee/uclahealth.aspx
If you need assistance, please review the resources and instructions in the Sophos Home Getting Started Guide →
- Important information based on your device
Please be aware of the following:
- macOS: Sophos Home will only be guaranteed to be available through October 28, 2022. Our teams will be evaluating options for personally-owned MacOS devices.
- Windows: Sophos Home will only be provided through October 28, 2022, for personally-owned Windows devices we strongly recommend you utilize the default built-in Antivirus, Microsoft Defender.
- UCLA Health IT-managed devices: No action is needed as these devices are already equipped with antivirus software and solutions to keep your device secure.
- Who is eligible for Sophos Home
Staff, faculty, and students within our Mednet email domains are able to install Sophos Antivirus free of charge. Please be aware, our agreement will only cover October 28, 2021 through October 28, 2022.
Mednet email domains include any email addresses ending in the following:
- Features included in this license
Our agreement includes the highest tier and complete feature set for Sophos Home Premium.
- Real-time antivirus - Spots telltale virus behaviors and uses the extensive SophosLabs databases to constantly protect your PC from viruses, malware, trojans, worms, bots, unwanted applications, ransomware, and more.
- AI with deep learning - Protects against viruses, malware, trojans, worms, bots, unwanted apps, and more – even ones no one’s heard of yet.
- Advanced ransomware protection - Protects your personal files and photos from being encrypted and held for ransom. Blocks ransomware and rolls back any affected files so they’re just as you left them.
- Privacy protection - Stops unauthorized access to your webcam. Encrypts your keystrokes so cybercriminals and keylogger software can’t capture what you’re typing – like logins and passwords.
- Advanced web protection - Blocks and bad or compromised websites, including phishing sites, for safe browsing, banking, and shopping. Adds additional browser security and automatically scans your downloads.
- Parental Web filtering - Gives you parental control over the web content your children can access on a computer. Simply select filtering categories and let Sophos do the rest.
- Advanced malware removal - Starts with a deep scan and clean of your computers for hidden threats. Removes malware lurking on your system. Eliminates viruses, trojans, rootkits, spyware, and more.
- Remote management – Manage your security configuration from the web or an app.
- Knowledge base support – Access technical support when you need it.
- Protection for up to 10 devices - (Windows and/or Mac) for one year (renewable yearly via email verification from Sophos SHCE portal page).
Please refer to the Getting Started Guide for assistance with installing Sophos Home. If you experience any issues accessing the license, please contact Customer Care at 310-267-CARE (2273). Specialists are available 24/7 to provide support.