In case you missed it...
Box Drive is now available for all your devices! For more information, visit our Box webpage.
On August 1, DGIT hosted a workshop on Box and all its features. We had more than 150 people attend in-person with over 70 people connected via Zoom. Our subject matter experts were on hand to talk about:
- Box Basics
- Integrations with Office 365
- Box Drive
- Upcoming enhancements to Box
- Box Drive is available for all your devices!
With this new feature you are able to:
- View all your Box folders and documents right from Windows Explorer or Mac Finder.
- Select files to work offline and your files will save automatically when you reconnect to the internet.
- Share your files right from your desktop and start working collaboratively.
- For more information on Box Drive, check out our Getting Started guide.
- External Collaboration
A few of the most important questions we received was on external collaboration: "How do I share documents with people outside of my organization?" "Who is considered outside of my organization?"
External collaborators are any recipients who do not have a Mednet email address. To ensure sensitive data is shared with vendors and colleagues outside of UCLA Health in a secure manner, you will need to complete the Box External Collaboration eLearning.
For more information on external collaboration, check out the External Collaboration folder on Box.
- Upcoming features
- Box for Outlook is coming to Outlook for Web Access (OWA). With this new feature, you'll be able to save and attach files directly from Box through OWA.
- Workgroup shares, similar to department network drives, will have restricted permission and access will be granted through groups.