What is Poll Everywhere?
Poll Everywhere is a web-based audience response system (ARS) that allows participants to respond to polls and surveys using their own internet-enabled devices (phones, laptops, and tablets).
Poll Everywhere is DGSOM's primary polling/audience response tool and it has been used in a variety of presentation situations (e.g., lectures, labs, conferences).
- On-Demand; App download
- Fully subsidized by DGIT
Responding to questions/polls
During class, an instructor will display a Poll Everywhere activity on-screen.
The visualization will display a web address that looks like PollEv.com/dgsomB1.
From your phone, laptop, or tablet you'll enter the web address and be taken to a screen that allows you to respond to the activity.
Responding via the mobile app (optional)
- For quick, regular access to Poll Everywhere, it's best to download and install the mobile response apps:
- Download mobile app: https://www.polleverywhere.com/mobile
- During the class you'll launch the app and go to the web response page that the instructor displays on-screen. The mobile apps have the same functionality as responding through a web browser.
- More info: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/response-settings/web
Registering an account
Most polls may not require a registered account to participate. However, some instructors may require that you participate using a registered account so they can evaluate your responses during and after class.
Create a new account:
- Create an account by going here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/signup
- Enter your first and last name, and mednet email account
Download the Poll Everywhere plug-in for PowerPoint
Integrate a poll directly in your PowerPoint slides for an easy way to get audience responses.
- Download Poll Everywhere PowerPoint plug-in for Mac or Windows.
- Open the slides you'd like to insert a poll to. Within the Poll Everywhere application, find the poll you'd like to add and select "Insert Slides".
- When presenting, be sure to ask your audience to submit their responses at the link provided in your poll.
Try our Sample Survey
Once you’ve created your account, go to this sample survey to test out your account:
- If you’re having trouble using Poll Everywhere, please refer to this troubleshooting guide: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/student/troubleshooting
- If you still have questions go to IT Connect for walk-up support or email us at email@example.com.
Educational technology team
Enhancing teaching and learning
We collaborate with the educator community to create instructional technology that enhances teaching and learning.
Our courseware and classroom technologies enhance curriculum delivery, adding value to both teaching faculty and students. Our evaluation and assessment tools enable our school to benefit from the convenience of digital classrooms without sacrificing information security or learning integrity.