Also appears as Datacenter services
What is the DGIT Datacenter?
Housed in the San Diego Supercomputing Center (SDSC), the datacenter features next-generation server, storage, virtualization, backup, and security services.
What services are available?
- Managed Hosting: DGIT will manage the day-to-day operations of servers, storage, backup, and security. Data owners may also choose to self-manage applications hosted on the DGIT infrastructure.
- Storage: DGIT will provide storage for databases, applications, and other similar needs.
- Databases: DGIT will provide SQL databases for use by applications, or for faculty and staff development efforts.
- Cloud Storage
- Web hosting
- Staff provided
- On request
- Fee-based, dependent on group needs
- Data and applications live in one secure, reliable location
- Data will be copied in San Diego and Los Angeles, adding further protection through geographic diversity
- Applications and data from multiple departments can be managed in the same, HIPAA-compliant way
- Standardized systems and processes will improve security, reliability, and response
- Lowers HIPAA compliance and daily administration costs so clients pay only for the cost of hardware and software
- Centralizing infrastructure and administration enables DGIT to leverage economy of scale to deliver enterprise-class technology
- Back up data to other parts of the United States using cloud-based services such as Amazon AWS
Behind the scenes support
We maintain an information technology backbone that supports our school’s day-to-day operations.
We manage hardware and software behind the scenes. We connect systems, servers, and devices. We manage networks and provide the hosting necessary to keep websites, databases, and other technologies running as efficiently as possible.