What is GoAnywhere?
GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer (MFT) is a HIPAA-compliant managed file transfer solution that streamlines the exchange of data between systems, staff, researchers, and partners.
GoAnywhere's MFT software has the flexibility to simplify and secure:
- Batch server-to-server file transfers
- User-to-system ad-hoc file transfers
- Person-to-Person file collaboration via Secure Mail
- Staff provided
- On request
- Fully subsidized
All you need to do is ask
We would love to connect with you to build out a solution to fit your needs. Simply submit a service request, and our expert team will be in touch to figure out the next steps.
Curious on how GoAnywhere works?
Check out our GoAnywhere training guides to learn a little more on the uses of the service offering.
Have access to GoAnywhere and need to login?
GoAnywhere Features for UCLA Health
We invite you to enjoy all the rich features GoAnywhere has to offer. Please remember that GoAnywhere activities must adhere to all UCLA Health Sciences policies and HIPAA regulations regarding viewing and sharing protected health information (PHI) and restricted information (RI).
The Secure Mail module in GoAnywhere MFT allows you to send messages and files as secure "packages" on an ad-hoc basis. Recipients will get an email with a unique link to each package, allowing them to download the message and files through a secure HTTPS connection.
- Secure Mail can be sent from within the user's browser
- Multiple files can be attached to a single package
- Includes options to set expiration dates and maximum downloads
- Packages can additionally be secured using a system-generated or user-specified password
- Sender can choose to receive notifications when packages are read
- Sender can "recall" packages to make unavailable to recipients
Communicate flexibly & securely:
- Accesses files and directories on network shares using SMB/CIFS
- Accesses files and directories on Amazon S3 Buckets, and Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
- Sends and retrieves files via email and secure email
- Integrates with popular SOAP and RESTful web service applications like Salesforce, Box, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 using Cloud Connectors
GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer's workflow automation eliminates the need to use multiple products and scripts to handle your business processes. Achieve end-to-end automatic encryption and file transfers via the following features:
- Multi-step workflows with over 60 different tasks
- A comprehensive built-in scheduler for running workflows
- Monitored folders with options to scan for new, changed or deleted files
- Automated email alerts or file processing when triggered events (e.g. upload, download) occur
- Commands and APIs for launching transfers from remote systems and applications
GoAnywhere MFT software connects to a wide variety of servers for exchanging data.
- Local file systems, network shares and MQ servers
- Moving data to and from Amazon S3 Buckets and Azure Blob Storage
- Popular applications such as Box
GoAnywhere can translate data to/from other formats or databases:
- Connecting to popular database servers including SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, IBM i, DB2, PostgreSQL, and Informix.
- Translating data to/from Excel, XML, JSON, Delimited text and Flat File or Fixed Width file formats
- Replicating data between database servers
- Simplifying ETL processes with the ability to filter records, map columns and transform values
Behind the scenes support
We maintain an information technology backbone that supports our school’s day-to-day operations.
We manage hardware and software behind the scenes. We connect systems, servers, and devices. We manage networks and provide the hosting necessary to keep websites, databases, and other technologies running as efficiently as possible.
Service frequently asked questions
- How does GoAnywhere’s Secure Mail work?
The Secure Mail module allows users to send sensitive messages or files of any size and type through a secure connection. Rather than receiving the file or message as an attachment, recipients are sent a notification via email which shows the message subject, a summary of the file names, and a link for downloading the files in the package. Users can increase security by limiting the number of times a package can be downloaded, adding a password, and setting up notifications for all package activity.
- How many recipients can receive Secure Mail?
Like any email service, the user can send Secure Mail to as many recipients as they would like.
- How long can the recipient access files sent via Secure Mail?
The recipient can access the message and files up to 14 days unless other download limits are defined by the sender, or if the sender recalls a package to make it unavailable.
- Does Secure Mail send files directly to the recipient?
No. While recipients receive an email notification, Secure Mail provides recipients with a link through which they can securely download the message contents. This allows the sender to limit how many times a package is viewed or downloaded.
- Are files hosted by a third party when sent via Secure Mail?
No. GoAnywhere MFT is hosted in DGIT’s datacenter.
- What file size limitations does Secure Mail have?
Secure Mail has a soft limit of 100GB and can be increased on request. No file size limitations or file type restrictions within the quota limit.
- What makes Secure Mail secure?
Rather than sending sensitive information via email, all files stay on your system until downloaded by the recipient. During download a secure HTTPS connection is used. The sender can additionally limit the number of times a user can access or download the messages they receive, recall packages entirely, and view audit logs of files sent, users who access them, and more.