Also appears as Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, and Remote Conferencing
How can I benefit from conferencing?
Our video and web conferencing tools allow faculty and staff to collaborate with colleagues around the globe and experience the same quality interactions of face-to-face meetings.
- Staff-supported event services
- Self-service web conferencing via Zoom
Staff-supported event services
Expert staff will help you make your web conference successful. Request event support services when you reserve a room in DGIT's online system.
Self-service web conferencing via Zoom
Host your own video conference using Zoom.
Zoom works perfectly on nearly any device or browser to offer consistent, flexible meeting experiences, whether attendees connect using mobile devices, laptops, or nearly any type of conference room equipment.
How do I use staff-supported event services?
DGIT's online room reservation form includes a section for requesting event support services. After you make a request, our expert team will take care of the rest.
How do I use Zoom self-service web conferencing?
- Visit http://uclahs.zoom.us
- Sign in with your AD credentials
- Download the Zoom Client for Meetings and the Zoom Plug-in for Outlook.
- Host and attend meetings
Zoom Rooms Overview
Scheduling with Outlook
View even more recorded training sessions in the Zoom Help Center.
Zoom and Remote Work
All active Mednet users can host web and video conferences using Zoom. Invite UCLA Health colleagues and external partners to collaborate and meet online.
Check out our Zoom guides:
Web vs Video conferencing
Video conferencing requires specialized equipment, but we have fully supported rooms across campus. View a list of our video conference rooms and lecture halls.
Requiring only a few basic tools, web conferences can happen in nearly any conference room.
Please call to find out if a room can support a video or web conference.
Service frequently asked questions
- Where can I host my video or web conference?
Our conferencing services are available across UCLA’s Westwood medical campus. We serve rooms in:
- Geffen Hall
- Center for Health Sciences (CHS)
- Goldschmied (Gonda) Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center
- MacDonald Medical Research Laboratories (MRL)
- Neuroscience Research Building (NRB)
- Marion Davies Children’s Center (MDCC)
- Learning Resource Center (LRC)
- Jules Stein Eye Institute (JSEI)
- Ronald Reagan Medical Center (RRMC)
- Medical Plaza 200 (MP200)
- Santa Monica Hospital (SMH)
You may also use Zoom to host meetings from your computer in any location.
- How do I join a meeting?
Simply click on the link provided by the meeting host, launch the Zoom meetings app, and connect your audio.
- Can users without Zoom attend my meetings?
Users without Zoom accounts may still attend your meetings by clicking the meeting invite link and following the prompts.
- Is Zoom HIPAA compliant?
Yes. Zoom signs the HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) for healthcare customers and keeps sensitive information secure by encrypting all audio, video, and screen sharing data. Read more in the Zoom HIPAA Compliance Guide.
- What are my audio options?
You can run Zoom audio through your phone or your computer.
- How do I record a meeting?
Simply select the “Record” button on the bottom of the meeting panel if you are the host. Only hosts may start a recording; attendees must request recording ability from the host. Our HIPAA-compliant instance of Zoom does not offer cloud recording. All recordings will be saved to the host’s home computer.